Friday, December 5, 2008

For Kris

I jacked this from Kris cuz I'm too tired to think of anything else.

#1 Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Gift tape. Cool do-dads and big thick ribbon.
#2 Real tree or Artificial? Fake, for sure. I'd prolly cry if I cut one down.
#3 When do you put up the tree? Shit. I put up maybe 40 every year at WM's shop. I'm about tapped out by the time it comes to put one up of my own.
#4 When do you take the tree down? I haven't put one up for at least 5 or 6 years. But when I do, they've got to be down by new year's eve.
#5 Do you like eggnog? Oh hell yeah. I don't drink it because dairy hates me and because I'm still what you call thick. Don't want to make that shift from a woman with a big ass to a big ass woman.
#6 Favorite gift received as a child? When I was in 6th grade I got the treadle sewing machine with the super secret spy doors that is in my living room under the MLK photo.
#7 Hardest person to buy for? My dad. Oh sweet Jesus. He is difficult.
#8 Easiest person to buy for? My mama. She's really sharp I love buying her clothes.
#9 Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.
#10 Mail or email Christmas cards? If I send them, I mail them.
#11 Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Mat got me a card that entitled me to a sweat shirt our first Christmas. I almost kicked his ass. Go. To. The. Store. Dillweed.
#12 Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't watch Christmas movies. You can't make me.
#13 When do you start shopping for Christmas? End of October. I usually only have one or two days off in November and December.
#14 Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Naw. But I've thrown some from my mother-in-law.
# Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Buckeyes and those green Christmas Trees cookies. My one grandmother (not Mrs. Price....make no mistake) disowned me, nobody made Christmas cookies for me any more. I'm going to figure out how to make my own damn little green trees this year. If you know what they're called that'd be awesome. I'm pretty sure if I google little green trees... I'll get some kind of stoner web site.
#15 Lights on the tree? Yeah. I like booshee ones. Like bubble lights for Mr. Price.
#16 Favorite Christmas song? Christmas music makes me want to stab myself.
#17 Travel at Christmas or stay home? I don't care.
#18 Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Isn't it like Drunken, Bloated, Broke and them? Erm. No I can't.
#19 Angel on the tree top or a star? We never had anything on top of our tree growing up.
#20 Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Don't care. I usually do Christmas with my mom and dad that morning. My dad worked out of town growing up and sometimes we had to celebrate a week late or early. Shit like that don't phase me....
#21 Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I really fucking hate Christmas.
#22 Favorite ornament theme or color? eh.
#23 Favorite for Christmas dinner? we do breakfast at my mom's crib. and we get a pecan roll from Andersons. My dad makes good coffee. Its rad.
#24 What do you want for Christmas this year? students who know how act....its that time of year. i'm starting to hate them just a little.
heh

3 comments:

Kris said...

Wish I knew what those cookies are. Not that I need any more. I have literally dozens of cookies in my freezer...

Craver said...

This is pretty much exactly what I suspected from you. Your christmas is completely filled with what really matters, (your dad's coffe, time with you parents, calling TB a dillweed) with no trace of the crap that christmas has become.

I knew I loved you.
However,I must tell you, my mom sent me a dancing,singing (rockin' around the christmas tree) palm tree with christmas lights. It's *my* christmas tree (even if it is only a foot tall) and I freaking love it.

Mojo said...

Erm... are you absolutely sure we're not related?

Because damn. I coulda written this myself.