The holidays bring many things. Good tidings, yule logs (i don't know for sure what the feezey these are but I hear tell of them...) time with friends and family and for teachers like me... the holidays (most importantly) bring 2 weeks off.
The holidays also bring with them Christmas greetings from TB's family. Otherwise known as fuck you wife of TB notices. This holiday season of correspondence with TB's family has brought forth a metric ass ton (hi jc) of great fodder for rant-y blog posts. I have received a wedding invitation addressed to someone with my last name and another first name. Another wedding invitation addressed to Mr. and Mrs. The Boy (people. we have been married for ten years. forget that I am Dr. and not Mrs. I have NEVER EVER EVER FUCKING BEEN MRS. THE BOY. I have been for the last 33 years. Ms. Err. Ms. Err who will happily tell you that she is not nor will she ever be owned or i-fucking-dentified by a man.) I got a card addressed to The TheBoys.
I also got a Christmas letter from my in-laws that everyone they know gets. There are 8 pictures. 3 pictures are of their 9 (yeah count 'em 9) grandchildren (2 of these grandchildren are children of their daughter... 7 of them are children of their daughter's new husband). One pic is of my in-laws. One is of my father in law and his brothers. One is of my in-law's son in-law, his brother, his sister and son in law's niece. One is a snuggly picture of my sister in law and her husband. They are very happy with her husband and his 7 kids. The last picture is of TB and his mother on my couch.
Yeah. No pic of me. Left out of the Christmas letter. Again. Thankyouverymuch.
Holy fuckin' shit, people. I don't know whether to cry or shove a yule log up someone's ass.
Wild Salmon With Cajun Spices
2 years ago
5 comments:
All I can say is TB must be a helluva guy for you to put up with such. I think even Nathaniel would have a problem with your outlaws... and he's been dead for 153 years or somethin'.
(Umm... I'm just assuming that's the Nathaniel you figure lives at the mill... I guess if it has to come with a haint, he'd be a good one to have. Someday mebbe I'll tell you how I came up with his name. Interesting story, that.)
I do believe a higher level of satisfaction will be gained through the shoving of yule logs... anywhere and everywhere!
Go with the yule log... festive and much more fun.
Crikey., Err, I cannot understand why the yule log shoving hasn't commneced YEARS ago.
These are the people that need to be set aflame via a flame thrower carrying Santa impersonator.
Damn.
I vote on shovin' the yule log...just remember, its their loss. You are an absolutely amazing, beautiful, intelligent woman and if they don't see it then their ignorant asses don't deserve to be able to say your name!
Post a Comment