Enter Dr. Err. She looks up just in time see boy take 3 running steps and CLEAR a set of four of those desk chair hooked together things.
Dr. Err: Hakeem!!!!!! Out here now!
A hush falls over Dr. Err's room. Which, folks, hasn't happened without threat of death, detention or a text book up the nose...sideways.... since the beginning of the year.
Hakeem: Yes, mama.
As they step outside she slams the door dramatically.
Dr. Err: Dude.
Hakeem: I'm sorry Mama.
Dr. Err: Boy, you know there's a part of me that thought that was really impressive right?
Hakeem breaks into a huge smile, knowing he's not about to die, just maybe get told.
Dr. Err: But you know the teacher part of me knows that if you'd hit that desk wrong, or missed it or something, you coulda busted your head and killed yourself, right?
Hakeem (more serious): Yes, Mama.
Dr. Err: And you know, that because of this most teacher's would have put you out for that, right?
Hakeem: Yes, mama.
Dr. Err: I ain't gonna put you out over that, cause we got important stuff to do and I want you in the class to hold down your table family. But I will personally break your legs if I see you do that again. Kapeesh?
Hakeem: Kapeesh.
Dr. Err: Now that was all kinds of cool. You got hops, Hakeem. I want to see you put them on an athletic floor, you hear me?
Hakeem: Yes, Mama.
Dr. Err: But if you tell any of those knuckle heads I said that, I'll deny it in a court of law.
Hakeem: (laughing) Ok, Mama.
****************************************************
Same class, different day. We're jotting down everything we know about Pharaohs.
Dr. Err: I just want ya'll to take, maybe like 2 minutes to write down every thing you've learned about Pharaoh's. You don't have to write in complete sentences. I am more concerned that you write down a lot of different things, than that you take the time to write in sentences. This ain't Language Arts, ya'll. Just gimme a laundry list of things you know about Pharaohs.
Tanisha: Laundry List?
Dr. Err: Um, yeah. You know, sometimes when people want a list of things, or whatever, they call it a laundry list.
Jamaal: Why?
Dr. Err: I dunno, actually.
King David: Mama, nobody say that.
Dr. Err: Sure they do. I didn't just make it up.
King David: I ain't never heard no one say that.
Dr. Err: I dunno, King David. White people say it. My husband say it. That's where I got it from, I think.
DeYante: That's why you don't know what it mean.
Dr. Err: Probably. Anyway. Can we PLEASE get back to my class and making lists of things we know about Pharaoh's?
***************************************************************
Enter a 9th grader from high school.
Samisha: Hiiiiiii, Dr. Err..... Look at that, Dr. Err.
gives Dr. Err a hug.
Dr. Err: Hi baby. How's the high school?
Samisha: Social Studies is easy... I'll tell you that.
Dr. Err: Didn't I tell you? Everything after my class...is easy.
Samisha: Yeah, but I didn't think you meant it!!!!
******************************************************************
*note* all names have been changed to protect the identity of the knuckle heads in my class who say this ridiculous stuff....
Wild Salmon With Cajun Spices
2 years ago
3 comments:
NO wonder your kids love you.
you're awesome.
jelw
Ya know, every time you tell one of these stories I remember my English teacher from sophomore year... she was cool like that. Probably the only English class I took in high school that I didn't absolutely hate.
You and my mother should swap stories...she's got some good ones pretty similar to yours. :)
Post a Comment