Man. Wo-man. (think so I married an axe murderer)
Time gets away from me this time of year.
WM had her open house for the holidays at her store. Read: I pick out, light up, and decorate roughly 7,000 trees. Well, maybe not. But in the tens of dozens anyway. Roughly a metric ass ton of trees. I am really good at it. I also have only had a tree like once at my house. I get my fill of that shit in late october. After the trees she closes down for a week. Which means, this kid works 14 ish hour days every day for like 3 weeks. This year, I'm working many weekends for her because apparently, people don't want to work. I mean sure, they want to go somewhere and get a check. But they don't want to work. Shit, I don't get that. If nothing else, the day takes too damn long if you stand there with your thumb up your ass.
I'm just saying.
I survived the outlaw visit. Barely. Lots of "i thought you said...."s from my MIL. And pictures of her boy with her, her boy with his dad but none of her boy and his wife. Um, I may not exactly be a looker.... but I ain't gonna break a camera lens either. Then there was that passive aggressive, 'I'm not going to walk over to you and hug you." And folks, I was not the bigger person. I didn't go get a hug. Not because I'm being passive (cuz let's face it folks...I'm aggressive sometimes *cof*often...but never passive). Only because I was too damn tired to bother. Two tears in a bucket.
I am really, really fucking tired. And apparently, that sleeping issue I have is starting to cause other health problems. So a new doc who's trying to find out what has happened put me on one of those 'non addictive' sleep aids. And yeah. I'm still freaked out about it. Puh-leeze don't give me the rap about biological shit and how it won't hook me. If you'd come up like I did, seen air conditioners ripped out of walls and guns pulled on family members and more other fun stuff, you'd worry about it too. You'd understand being scared to death that you might be a junkie. You'd be scared to death that you would be the one to go back to the way things are there. But in what is either good or bad news, the sleep aid, four days in....doesn't do a damn thing.
My dog is rad. After we went to vote, we went to hike. The squirrels of the world have apparently gotten together, held a caucus and figured out how they can drive WD apeshit. Their plan of run past him really fast..... totally works. Squirrels don't use leashes and that drives WD crazy. Equally as maddening... squirrels don't stay on the path. My dog, it seems, is as crazy as I am. Hmm.. my doc did say I seem anxious.
*****no shit, sherlock, you've had me waiting for an hour.....I.NEED.TO.GO.*****
Yeah. Doc met me for ten minutes and said I seem anxious. Up tight. Wonder if he wanted to call me a dork or start talking about my mother. Fucking pissed me off and no doubt, that makes me everything he said. But still.
And that, dear readers.... updates you on my world.
But because my bloggofriend MOJO (see my list) is advocating for the peace blog and i dig peace...there will be a peace blog on the 6th. And there would be a cool logo too if I were cooler.
So use your imagination about the direction I might take and for those of you that know me IRL, think about how I always end messages on the phone and email with Peace. And how I totally don't sound like a hippy....
heh.
Wild Salmon With Cajun Spices
2 years ago
1 comment:
Yo Doc! If you want a cool logo, you just say the word, and I'm your guy. I gots the skillz, the technology and the will to use 'em. No problem. Just lemme know where to deliver the goods.
I don't know near enough to speak to the issue of non-addictive sleep aids and whether they work-don't-work-addict-don't-addict... but I got enough faith in you to figure you'll be watchful enough not to wind up the one who goes back to where things were (or however you put it).
Meanwhile, to answer your question about the WW photo, that shot was taken in Beaufort on Front Street right on the waterfront. I used a different shot of the same clock in another post late last week, but that was just of the clock face. This one I wook a wider angle and a longer exposure to get the surroundings in.
And now I'm tryin' to keep up with an election and a hockey game at the same time so somethin's gotta give...
Post a Comment