I've worked at home before. When I worked full time at the university. Its nice. You begin your day however it is that you begin a day and then sit down to work with breakfast (at least if you're an early bird like me). My goal on work at home days is to get up around 5, get a cup of mud (maybe a granola bar if its a run day), take the pups for a walk by about 6 (because its hot with the onset of summer)go for a run and by about 8 a.m. I'm ready to eat breakfast and turn on the computer.
This morning, however, still apparently on SB time (sandy beach time) I woke up nearly an hour late at 6. I still had to have a cup of coffee because I'd likely get Wonder Dawg and I lost without it... but no worries as I was going to run in the afternoon before yoga.
*****Attention Running Buddies... no lie, running and then an intense yoga session is the best brick ever...all of your hurty running parts feel AWESOME after. Though you'll want to stay down wind of the rest of the folks in the class. ;)*****
I was walking back to my front porch with the WD when I heard The Boy yell, "DON'T COME IN." Um. Ok. So we waited and practiced some training on the front walk. Soon TB cracked open the door, took the leash and shooed us in the house at a break neck speed. To make a long story short, our cat (who was pretty much wild to begin with and wants nothing to do with us since we adopted the dogs) had escaped from the bathroom where TB was trying to get him into a cage to go to the vet. This is all kinds of fun with a Little Dog who likes to chase anything that will move. This is all aside from trying to CATCH a cat who's pretty much wild and hates you. Which is why I left my pretty little house around 7 and got home at 7:50 to this:

Ah shit.
And 'Ah shit' is right, ladies and gentlemen. Because TB (who by the way was chasing the cat in his underwear was already about 5 minutes late leaving for his history camp field trip and whining like a 8 year old girl about how he was going to miss the bus.
This was now my problem and TB's happy ass was on his way to the Neil Armstrong Museum.
Ah shit.
But wait. There's more!
I remembered that Walter was in the bedroom. Why oh why, I thought wasn't he in his cage. He has some attachment issues and freaks out a little when he's separated from us. And by freaks out... I mean he frantically chews shit up.
I put catching the cat on hold for a while and carefully entered the bedroom (which is attached to our bath). Please notice how I didn't let the damn dogs out....
My make up bag was all over LD's bed. Two toothbrushes were there in millions of pieces (some pieces, it seems LD ate... he has eaten parts of at least 4 toothbrushes in the last 6 months...he has to have the cleanes damn doggie digestive tract ever). And in other little pieces was my $500.00 mouth thingy that keeps my TMJ and my headaches in check.
Yay.
I have already decided that I hate TB. Now I am seriously considering having T-shirts made that say so.
My head is splitting because I haven't had enough coffee and I'm laying (after putting the dogs in the cage where they can't hurt anything or themselves) on the floor with my rose bush dragon hide gloves on and a jute rug rolled around my arm trying to force the cat out from under the cabinet.
Yay.
Finally (at like 11:00) I got him out and into the basement. I'm sure he's doing some sort of kitty-blog on an stop the kitty violence website about how horrible his owners are.
I put my living room back together. Ordered my T-shirts and finally made my Green Monster and prepared to work at home.
6 comments:
Just set a record for most snorts to come out while reading a single blog post
I can't wait to see the shirts!
Put me on the list for a shirt, too! My dog also has to be in her kennel when we're gone. She likes to relieve her anxiety by chewing on clothing, usually the single pair of jeans that fits me at the time!
I want to feel bad for everyone involved, but I can't stop laughing at that picture.
I want to feel bad for everyone involved, but I can't stop laughing at that picture.
Ditto what Nettie said - can't wait to see the shirts. And quite the post to get back to reading your blog again :)
Post a Comment