Wow.
I knew I hadn't blogged in a long time, but I didn't realize its been THIS long. I suck.
Actually, I've just been insanely busy. I know, I know. You're thinking to yourself, but Err... You're always busy. I know, right. But recently (like since the first of the year) I've been too busy. Even by my insane standards.
Teaching everyday, training for another half, teaching university classes 2 nights a week, dog training once a week, working for WM every other Saturday, yoga once a week, puppy walks as often as possible, parent teacher conferences last week and this week, staff meetings, and trying to remember I'm married and have friends.
Gah.
It has caught up with me, folks. I am in bed, sick. In a few weeks, it will all slow down to a comparative crawl. I can't wait.
In the mean time, here's whats good.
My dogs are the smartest in dog school. I'd like to do some more classes with them, not because I want them to do anything. Just because they really like learning, it bonds them to me, and I've found out, working dogs, like to work. Its also worth noting that working dogs will work whether you give them a job or not. If I don't give them jobs, they will continue to make up work of their own like finding sticks (from Godknowswhere) open doors to the house, and eat dirt.
I really like teaching classes at the university. This is weird, because typically, I don't particularly enjoy time with privileged, young, white women. This can get particularly hairy when you ask them to deconstruct this privilege so they don't put their worldview on future students. However, the class is doing a nice job. Its insane to go from 30 7th grades at 2:50 to as many twenty somethings at 4:00.
Fixing dinner on Sunday is one of the best ideas I've ever had. I now also fix breakfast and lunch to take to work. I'm going to continue doing this after things slow down. It saves so much time for things like puppy walks, yoga, and runs after work.
I had a whole talk with a dad at parent teacher conferences this week about how 'ya know ya mama's crazy?' and how our moms still smack us. Some one else's little sister (5yo) came in and when her mother said, "ohhh girl, I love that red hair" she answered, "yeah, you got some pretty little curly hair." I love my job.
Speaking of... I really hope I don't loose my job this year. I'd like to make this school my home. A kid from last year came to see his sister get an award this week. He sat with me and we talked during the awards (yeah, I'm a bad role model). He told me that his sister didn't have me but knew me (I already knew this because she brought me cookies at Christmas). His exact words were, "Everybody know Mama Smith..." The levy is in May. Keep your fingers crossed.
I had a VO2max test yesterday. Its the first time I've ever been aware of my lungs. It hurt. I hope that if I am having asthma issues.... that we get them handled. I wonder how much easier it would be to run if I could breath.....
Wild Salmon With Cajun Spices
2 years ago
3 comments:
And when you say you're BUSY, that's almost too much to comprehend.
Hang in there Mandy :)
"I don't particularly enjoy time with privileged, young, white women. "
You seem to do OK with me. Oh wait, I'm no longer so young. That must explain it. ;-)
I have my fingers *and* toes crossed for the levy. Every school needs a Mama Smith.
I know those kids need you, that's what I know. I'm crossing stuff here for you as well.
Get better sister, you have too much on your plate to be sick.
Kiss the pups.
jc
xo
Post a Comment