Something.
Man. I am SO my dad's kid.
I hope I never loose that... the idea that I am a kid.
***********************************************************************
There's a whole lot of nothing going on in my world. I'm working a lot. Regular teaching schedule that is compounded by my 27 miles each way to work. And no lie, I like my drive time. Its about the only time during the day I get to sit in the same spot and chill. Though, I'm often resentful about the time it takes away from doing something.
I'm teaching 2 nights a week at the university. I enjoy the work and while I don't know that anyone will leave a critical theorist (and really, they hate me a little for pushing them to examine their half of the dialog as educators.... because the work is hard and I push harder) I hope they will gain at least a little insight. Its helpful, when you push so hard, to be a little funny
In between these 2 classes, a third night is spent with LD in training. We bring WD, too because my trainer recommends it. Its a whole pack thing. Plus, WD has issues and having him walk past people in those tight quarters without eating anyone's face is good practice for ya know...not eating anyone's face. TB works LD because I know I'll do all the practice at home. I forever will be the lead dog here. And besides. WD really will only work for me. No matter who has his leash, I'm like his Tupac... all eyes on me. He's smart and I think we're a good pair. I know he knows he's good at the training and I can tell he's proud to show it in front of the other dogs and people. Both my dogs got the hairy eyeball from most of the participants. Big scary mixed breeds, all three of us... Except this real cool down to earth race car driving couple who have a young German Shepherd who's mostly black like JC's. He's maybe 5 months old and already trying to balance his need to play with my dogs and his need to be cool.
By Thursday nights, people. I'm laid out.
I've been cooking my meals on Sunday. A crock pot joint for Monday and Tuesday and some kind of casserole or something for W T. Not having to cook through the week has helped me keep up this pace.
Speaking of pace....
I also started training for a half marathon in the spring. I don't know which one yet and I suppose it will all depend on my training... and my hip. I'm trying to be more diligent in my stretching and strengthening. And that reminds me. I need to call the yoga studio. Cuz I don't have enough to do on Sunday afternoons....
Its been snowy, icy, and below zero here recently. I miss running outside. I REALLY miss walking with my dogs every day. Between my running and walking them, I spend a couple hours outside every weekday and nearly 3 hours on weekends. Apparently, I actually am a little hyper (though I insist I am not a spaz) because I'm crawling the walls. Again, I am so my dad's kid what with the spring fever, need to play outside in the fresh air and lead foot (that last one I just thew in for poetic rhythm or something).
I'm sleeping a little better which is a gift from God, people. Turns out my adrenal gland and thyroid were under performing and my sleep rhythms were off and I dunno... I needed a tune up. I've got one of those old lady pill things (which makes me feel like an old lady) and I don't even care. To lay down and go to sleep is amazing and foreign. I remember laying awake as a toddler, never really sleeping...just dozing. The rub is that if I wake up... I'm awake. Earlier this week I woke up at 12:58 and never did go back to sleep. But I got totally caught up on Real Housewives of Orange County (I totally can't wait for Atlanta to come back on) and I watched a fascinating documentary on polygamist. I remain afraid of Utah.
In other news, I told my class last week (as we were studying the impact of Christianity on the fall of Rome) that Christianity was like a TV spin off of Judaism. Like I Love New York was a spin off from Flavor of Love. Clearly, I have no business around children....
4 comments:
So whatcha making in that crock pot? I need some fresh ideas and to light a fire under my ass to do the same kind of bulk cooking.
Man, you got a busy schedule. I'm kinda glad our dog is an outside dog (walks are an optional treat for him) and the kids are both low-maintenance these days. That leaves me plenty of post-work time to play on the internets and with my pictures.
If ya need someplace warm to visit, holler. One of the kids would be happy to sleep on the futon so you guys could have a room. Not too hot right now either. Mid 70's today.
I love your christianity comment, and I think it's just about the truth.
Mojo, is afraid of the fireplace.
I'm glad you're feeling better, sleeping better, and running again.
We will run together this spring.
Yes.
And Chicago was a spin off from NYC started by people who said, "Ya know, we really like the crime and the pollution, and the ridiculous cost of living, but it's just not cold enough!"
I think Gandhi had Christianity pegged better than anyone I ever heard when he said: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
Post a Comment